How to Qualify
What does Expert Rentals look for in a rental application?
- All applicants to be 18 and over
- All applicants to pay a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 per application
- All fees including application fees, first month rents, pet rents, pet fees, admin fees and security deposit must be paid in money order or cashier’s check. No cash or personal checks accepted.
- A minimum of 1 year of current, verifiable rental history at a rate within $250 of the desired rent range
- A minimum of 3x the rent in net income – if sole applicant
- If two or more applicants are combining income only those earning 2x the rent shall be added to a lease. Married couples will both be named on the lease
- No eviction filings in past five years
- One year of stable income history
- No open bankruptcies and no more than one bankruptcy filed in the past 5 years
- Section 8, CTCOG and HAP is accepted*
What documents are required to complete the application?
- 2 most recent check stubs, LES or monthly income deposits
- Proof of rental history
- Current State ID, Current Driver’s license, Current Military ID or Current passport
- Social Security card or tax identification
How important is credit?
We do obtain a tenant screening report and follow a selection criteria that can help you qualify if your credit is below 620. However, we do wish to see positive credit references and do not wish to see:
- Rental Property judgments
- Poor Rental history
- Recent Repossessions
- Utility Collections
- Bad Checks
- We believe that when great tenants find great pet friendly homes, they’ll stay longer and take great care of their rental homes
- Expert Rentals does allows some pets on select properties
- Exceptions apply for aggressive breeds, animals not allowed by property insurance providers or not allowed by the property owners
- Pets must be physically brought to our office and one of our staff member must meet the pet
- Twice per year a representative of Expert Rentals will perform a visual walk through. Fees apply. Contact our office for more details.
*Section 8, CTCOG and HAP not available for all properties. Subject to owner and program approval. Click the following link for a copy of our Resident selection criteria.